What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are saved on your computer. Cookies can be used to determine whether your computer has connected to our website before. Only the cookie is identified on your computer. Personal data can then be stored in cookies once you have provided your consent or if it is absolutely essential for technical reasons, for example to log you into an online feature that is password-protected.
Types of cookies
The cookies used by our website can be divided into different types:
- Social media cookies: these cookies are set by a range of social media services that we can have added to the website to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
- Performance cookies: these cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our website, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the website will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Functional cookies: these cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting cookies: these cookies may be set through our website by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
When you encounter specific content blocks in this website, you were asked to accept our cookies. If you want to change your preferences: please visit our website in incognito/private mode. You will get the cookie settings pop-up again where you can choose & select your preferences.